Unconfirmed minutes management committee meeting 1.30pm Tuesday 7th September 2021 Present Brian Wells BW, Kathy Smithers KS, Jackie Starling JS, Sara Muskett SM, Shirley Smith SS Apologies received from Roger Oakes and Rev Paul Seabrook The chairman opened the meeting welcoming Shirley to the committee. Chairman’s Report When the daycentre reopened on the 27thJuly it was without a number of our previous staff. How to thank them for their help in the past will be discussed later in the agenda. With help from local publications and social media we are pleased that we have some new volunteers. We are very grateful for their excellent support. I thank Roger for continuing the important position of treasurer whilst working from home. Celia is unable to be the courier on the minibus at the present time, Cleada is now the courier. We welcome four new members. At the present time we have 30 members on the register, 4 members are referred by adult social services. The average attendance figure July, August was 24. Prior to the reopening the decision was made to only open on Tuesdays, this has led to a review of the rent we pay to the Scouts which will be discussed later. Most of the members that attended only on Thursdays were able to transfer to Tuesdays. Marie, our excellent cook, will be away on the 14th September. Our thanks to Corrine for agreeing to cook for us on that day. I will be way from the centre on Tuesdays 5th & 12th October as I am going to my granddaughter’s wedding in Greece .Arrangements for these days will be discussed later. It is expected that the day centre will close for the Christmas break on Tuesday 14th December and open on Tuesday 4th January 2022. Kyle has been booked as entertainer on the party day14th December. Treasurer’s Report Prepared by Roger Oakes and read to the meeting by BW When the day care closed in March 2020 the bank accounts were as follows. Lottery account £2078.16 Deposit account £20359.16, Main account£9901.28. The day care re-opened on 27th July 2021 the bank accounts at that time were: Lottery account £2078.16, Deposit account £10386.95, Main Account £21939.55 On June 25th we had banked a bequest from the late Mary Williams of 2150.01 we also received bequest in memory of Geoff Smith £105 and Michael Ramsbottam £49 Since re-opening we spent £245.15 during July mainly for food and also Amazon £6.43. During August we have banked £1243.41 and spent £477.85. The payments mainly for food also an Amazon payment of £3.00 also one of £37.17. The telephone continues to be an expense of £75.00 per month. I am In negotiations with the Scouts and Onecom regarding the phone system (Roger has obtained a 20% discount) Norfolk County Council have resumed payments to us, and an amount is due this week of over £400.00 I am talking with them to establish their payment procedures. At present they are paying for some members who are no longer with us. The bank accounts as at 7th September Lottery account £2078.16 Deposit account £10386.95 Main account £22655.19 BW stated that he had received an invoice from Norwich Door to Door for £393. They are charging £6 per person per day. BW explained how complex the financing was with Adult Social services BW thanked Roger for his report Rent review BW read to the meeting an email that Roger had received from the scouts It proposed a monthly charge of £75 for the hire of the Kitchen and main large cupboards and £60 per session. Operating for one day per week at an annual cost of £3,780 which represents an increase of 2.78% on previous charges .The meeting said that this was acceptable. Presentations to former staff members It was agreed that £20 M&S gift cards should be given to David Hoskins , Doris Judd , Dot Jarvis and Julie Mundy on Tuesday 27th September. £20 M&S gift cards will be delivered to Doris Warnes and Sylvia Ulph. It is understood that Celia Underwood, Janet Shurety, Pat Wellesday- Davis and Glenis Humphries hope to return to the centre at some future date.
Staff arrangements when BW away 5th, 12th October SM agreed to act as BW deputy. BW will advise about procedures in case of Fire. JS and Tony Mant will set up tables ect. Keith Pratt has agreed to put out and stack away the tables and chairs. BW will provide table posters . KS and JS will do Tesco shopping. Christmas 2021 December14th will be party day and then close for Christmas break. Open on Tuesday 4th January 2022 Kyle has been booked for entertainer at 1.30pm. SM agreed to organise members presents. KS and JS to buy raffle prizes, costing to be discussed with Roger Oakes Any Other Business BW reported that Sue Millar had offered to organise a fund raising “Book Case “at the Tesco superstore. JS asked if there should be an outing this autumn. It was agreed that there was not sufficient time to organise an outing this year but plans should be made for spring 2022. BW suggested that at some future date we could hold a jumble sale using some of the items that we have acquired The Chairman closed the meeting at 2.25pm